1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, preferably balsamic
1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
1/2 t salt
3 medium beets
1 small eggplant
1 small zucchini
3 small yellow onions
1 large red bell pepper
2 cups shredded Provolone cheese
refrigerated pizza dough OR: 3 to 3-1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 –1/2 t active dry yeast
1 t salt
1 c warm water
1 T olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Mince the garlic and rosemary. Cut the eggplant, zucchini, onions, and peppers in 1-inch lengths.
- In large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, and salt. Add the cut vegetables, tossing to coat. Arrange in single in a baking pan. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven, with the beets. Let cool. Then slip the skins off the beets and slice all the vegetables.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine 1- 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in water and oil. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Brush a pizza pan or baking sheet with olive oil. Roll the dough to fit bottom and up the sides of greased pan. Sprinkle the cheese over the dough. Distribute the vegetables evenly over the cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.