|Tomas and Kim Diaz tasting Zucchini Cobbler|
1-1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 bunch broccoli
2 ounces pepperoni (optional)
3 ounces light cream cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and swirl to mix. Let sit 10 minutes. Add the flours and salt and stir well to mix. Do not knead. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile break the broccoli into florets and coarsely chop the stems. Place in cold water in a pot, bring to a boil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until desired doneness (I like the broccoli to be really tender for this). Drain and dice.
- Dice the pepperoni and combine with the broccoli.
- Combine the garlic, cream cheese, and herbes de provence until well mixed (you can add a tablespoon or so of milk if necessary).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a pizza pan.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to fit the pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough. Carefully distribute the broccoli and pepperoni over the dough and then sprinkle the cheese over everything.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese and dough are golden.